3 Get up and Go Smoothie Recipes to Kickstart your Mondays
If Wham’s song “Wake Me up, before you go-go’ isn’t your first choice for a Monday morning, fret not! Like most, our mornings are met with blurry eyed recognition of life’s responsibilities slamming into us. BUT we have found a solution. Here are 3 energy packed smoothie recipes to turn Monday into Funday. Or something like that…
- The Very Berry Morning Blaster
This drink packs a vitality punch. We recommend this for those early mornings, pre-workouts, or as a mid-afternoon picker-upper. Don’t let this sweet blaster fool you- this smoothie recipe is filled with go-go juice!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (We use a mixture of strawberry and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1/4 cup full cream plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup ice
- Blitz all the ingredients together, pour into a tall glass, and enjoy!
- Strawberry and Pineapple Smoothie
This refreshing smoothie recipe makes use of sweet strawberries and tart pineapple and citrus flavours to get you up and moving. A perfect early morning drink, with no artificial sugars, and no crash.
- Handful frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 500ml pineapple juice/pineapple pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups full fat vanilla yogurt
- Put all ingredients into blender. Blend well, stopping to stir when necessary, until smoothie consistency is reached!
- Citrus Coconut Sports Drink
For those of you who regularly gym or play sports, the fruit smoothie recipe below is an absolute lifesaver for those days when your get up and go, got up and left. High in energy and replenishing nutrients, this one is a must-try. Mix and match your own citrus fruits, and create your own smoothie recipes!
- 400 ml coconut water
- ½ tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1½ tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tsp agave nectar/honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients and blend well.